This release incorporates a "faceted track selector" similar to JBrowse 1. This track selector is available by default as an alternative to the hierarchical selector, to give users the "best of both worlds"
The faceted selector is a dialog box that is opened from a button "Open faceted selector" at the top of the hierarchical selector.
There are a couple other important bugfixes relating to horizontal flipping in the synteny view, and selecting features in the synteny view.
We really enjoyed meeting everyone at PAG 2023 and hearing all the feedback everyone had! We hope to continue rolling out more improvements over the coming year :)
To install JBrowse 2 for the web, you can download the link above, or you can use the JBrowse CLI to automatically download the latest version. See the JBrowse web quick start for more details.
- #3494 Use transitionDuration 0 as defaultProp in theme for both popovers and menus (@cmdcolin)
- #3488 Render HTML in faceted track selector for track data/metadata (@cmdcolin)
- #3483 Add anchorOrigin/transformOrigin to default menu component (@cmdcolin)
- #3470 Variant sample grid auto-size columns and resizer (@cmdcolin)
- #3304 Faceted/data grid style track selector (@cmdcolin)
- #3477 Larger margins to add track workflow to visually clarify next button behavior (@cmdcolin)
- #3475 Bypass plugins.json download if unneeded during app startup (@cmdcolin)
- #3458 Improve auto-update of sequence track height when toggling forward/reverse/translation settings (@cmdcolin)
🐛 Bug Fix
- Colin Diesh (@cmdcolin)