We are pleased to release v2.0.0! This is a major version milestone, but it does not have a huge number of changes. Instead, the major change that resulted in becoming v2.0.0 was the upgrade of many of our dependencies including
- material-ui v4 -> v5
- mobx-state-tree v3.14.1 -> v5
- mobx-react v6 -> v7
- mobx v5 -> v6
Therefore, to help users that may have been relying on library versions like this, it is safer to make the version a major bump. If you run into any issues with this upgrade, let us know and we can help
Some notable improvements:
- This release improves bundle sizes for users of embedded components, by adding ESM builds to NPM. This can reduce the initial load of a webpage using e.g. @jbrowse/react-linear-genome-view by about 55% (1.4MB gzipped js->770kb gzipped js)
To install JBrowse 2 for the web, you can download the link above, or you can use the JBrowse CLI to automatically download the latest version. See the JBrowse web quick start for more details.
See "Packages in this release" in the changelog for links to packages published on NPM.
Packages in this release
🐛 Bug Fix
- #3072 Fix the display of inversions for MCScan alignments (@cmdcolin)
- #3074 Fix the display of deletions vs insertions being backwards in synteny view with CIGAR strings (@cmdcolin)
- #3057 Fix export SVG crash on some BigWig tracks (@cmdcolin)
- #3052 Fix negative value quantitative display in svg exports (@cmdcolin)