This release adds a new feature for keeping track of your "Recently used tracks" and tagging "Favorite tracks" . This will be valuable especially to users and organizations who have large tracklists!
Screenshot showing "Recently used tracks" dropdown menu
We also added the ability to load "single file hubs" from UCSC. These must be manually pasted in the "Add connection" but in the future, we may add ability to auto-load the hubs via the URL bar or similar. You can find a large amount of these single file hubs from GenArk! https://hgdownload.soe.ucsc.edu/hubs/
Finally, this release also fixes an issue people saw with auto-updates for JBrowse Desktop on Mac failing.
To install JBrowse 2 for the web, you can download the link above, or you can use the JBrowse CLI to automatically download the latest version. See the JBrowse web quick start for more details.
yarn run v1.22.19 $ lerna-changelog --silent --silent --next-version 2.9.0
- #4070 Add support for single file hubs (@cmdcolin)
- #4096 Allow searching by gene name using linear synteny view (@cmdcolin)
- #4068 Allow searching the text-index by gene name from the URL bar (@cmdcolin)
- #3948 Make the default setting for the dotplot/synteny views use 'Existing tracks' by default (@cmdcolin)
- #4039 Adds "Favorites" and "Recently used" track categories to the track selector (@carolinebridge-oicr)
- #4067 Add arc plugin to @jbrowse/react-linear-genome-view core plugins (@cmdcolin)
🐛 Bug Fix