We're excited to announce the v1.4.4 release! Some highlights of this release include:
Finally, we have added the ability to search by gene name!
Users will now be able to create their own text indexes with the
jbrowse text-index command, which creates an index for searching by gene
names, identifiers and descriptions.
GIF showing the process of searching via the location search box of the Linear Genome View. Try it out yourself here, type your favorite gene name e.g. HER2, PTEN, or others in the search box https://jbrowse.org/code/jb2/v1.4.4/?config=test_data%2Fconfig_demo.json&session=share-H3vwqh1BKa&password=xYz9Z
For a quick introduction and a tutorial on how to add this feature to your JBrowse instance, check out this quick start
Like most parts of JBrowse, the text searching system is pluggable. Plugin developers can add new text index adapters to connect JBrowse to other types of text search services, indexes, or databases.
Users of the @jbrowse/react-linear-genome-view can also enable text searching functionality, see https://jbrowse.org/storybook/lgv/v1.4.0/?path=/story/text-searching--page
Note that 1.4.0-1.4.3 had issues during publish, so we moved all release notes for them to here. Thanks to @bbimber for letting us know about these issues.
To install JBrowse 2 for the web, you can download the link above, or you can use the JBrowse CLI to automatically download the latest version. See the JBrowse web quick start for more details.
See "Packages in this release" in the changelog for links to packages published on NPM.
Packages in this release
- #2287 Use react-popper to reduce tooltip lag on pages with many elements (@cmdcolin)
- #2294 Don't rely on SVTYPE=BND for breakend split view options and thicker mouseover chords on circular views (@cmdcolin)
- #2272 Auto adjust box RefNameAutocomplete width based on refName length (@cmdcolin)
- #2243 Import bookmarks functionality for grid bookmark widget (@cmdcolin)
🐛 Bug Fix
- #2300 Release announcement draft v1.4.0 (@teresam856)
- #2310 Add cancer demos to the demos page on website (@cmdcolin)
- #2253 Add note about legacy-peer-deps to embedded component readme (@cmdcolin)
- #2262 Add more MDX documentation pages to @jbrowse/react-linear-genome-view storybooks (@cmdcolin)