We are happy to present v2.1.5! This release adds the ability for the embedded linear genome view component to have session tracks, and we added a new UI for alerts/errors on tracks. See the changelog for details.
Other issues with the circular genome view, authentication on jbrowse-desktop, and the trackhub registry were also fixed. Enjoy!
To install JBrowse 2 for the web, you can download the link above, or you can use the JBrowse CLI to automatically download the latest version. See the JBrowse web quick start for more details.
See "Packages in this release" in the changelog for links to packages published on NPM.
Packages in this release
- #3200 Use Alert component for track messages (@garrettjstevens)
- #3229 Allow user to select local assembly to add tracks to for trackhub registry (@cmdcolin)
- #3220 Improve error reporting on SV inspector/spreadsheet view on import form (@cmdcolin)
- #3198 Improve error reporting on jbrowse-web start screen when user attempts to open a broken recent session (@carolinebridge-oicr)
- #3223 Allow adding session tracks to embedded react component along with disableAddTracks option if unwanted (@cmdcolin)
- #3227 Add infrastructure for creating linear-genome-view sub-classes (@carolinebridge-oicr)
- #3215 Add error boundary on view, track, and drawer widget (@cmdcolin)
- #3216 Add ability to set number of bp to fetch up/down stream/inside intron in feature details (@cmdcolin)
🐛 Bug Fix
- #3241 Fix local session failing to load copying between tabs in some cases (@cmdcolin)
- #3234 Fix circular embedded view failing to load in v2.1.3 and v2.1.4 (@cmdcolin)
- #3233 Fix legend being cutoff on multiwiggle tracks with wide window (@cmdcolin)
- #3217 Fix loading tracks from connection using assembly alias (@cmdcolin)
- #3214 Fix trackhub registry failing to load in 2.x.y versions of jbrowse (@cmdcolin)
- #3204 Fix authentication configuration on jbrowse-desktop (@cmdcolin)
- #3228 Improve TypeScript for queueDialog (@garrettjstevens)
- #3224 More typescripting of plain js files (@cmdcolin)
- #3207 Hardcoded block width of 800px on static blocks (@cmdcolin)
- #3197 Use "temporaryAssemblies" to store read vs ref assemblies, and allow selecting "sessionAssemblies" in dropdown (@cmdcolin)