Welcome to the JBrowse 2 documentation.
- Quick start for JBrowse desktop - a quick start guide to getting JBrowse desktop running on your machine
- Quick start for JBrowse web - a quick start guide to running JBrowse 2 in a browser
- Quick start for JBrowse web via CLI - a quick start guide to installing the JBrowse 2 CLI and getting JBrowse web running locally on a browser
User and developer guides
- User guide - for general usage, guided by screenshots and descriptions
- Config guide - for detailed configuration settings
- Developer guide - for developers of plugins
- Config editing via graphical interface - a guide for configuring JBrowse via the GUI
- Config editing via command-line interface - a guide for configuring JBrowse via CLI
- Writing a simple plugin for JBrowse 2
- Developing with JBrowse web and desktop
...and more! Use the left panel to browse some of the other guide docs available.
- FAQ - some Q&A for troubleshooting or other topics
- @jbrowse/cli - docs for our CLI tools for loading tracks, assemblies, text indexing, and more
- @jbrowse/img - docs for our command line image generator
- Embedded components, JBrowseR, and JBrowse Jupyter - docs for our reusable React components
- JBrowseR - docs for our R htmlwidget usable in Shiny apps
- JBrowse Jupyter - docs for our Python dash component usable in Jupyter
A PDF version of the documentation is available at https://jbrowse.org/jb2/jbrowse2.pdf
Feel free to contact us if you have questions, issues, suggestions, improvements, or feedback. Enjoy!