We are pleased to present v1.7.9!
This release features several bugfixes and improvements submitted by community members, including a CLI fix when specifying --indexFile with CSI files, and a new feature to get FASTA metadata from an external file.
Additionally, we have switched to canvas2svg for SVG exports, which can now handle more sophisticated operations like bezierCurves (used for sashimi-style arc in RNA-seq data), and circles (used by jbrowse-plugin-gwas)
Before (note bad intron and lack of arcs rendered on bottom track)
After (fixed intron rendering and arcs)
To install JBrowse 2 for the web, you can download the link above, or you can use the JBrowse CLI to automatically download the latest version. See the JBrowse web quick start for more details.
See "Packages in this release" in the changelog for links to packages published on NPM.
- #2994 Allow choosing filename for svg export (@cmdcolin)
- #2968 Add FASTA metadata location to BgzipFastaAdapter and IndexFastaAdapter configuration (@adamjohnwright)
🐛 Bug Fix
- #2977 Respect --indexFile option when adding VCF and BED tracks (@heavywatal)
- #2974 Fix track indexing being ignored after first add track widget usage (@teresam856)
- Adam Wright (@adamjohnwright)
- Colin Diesh (@cmdcolin)
- Teresa Martinez (@teresam856)
- Watal M. Iwasaki (@heavywatal)