Hello all, we are pleased to announce v2.1.2!
This release includes a number of small bugfixes to the multi-wiggle track type, and a new feature for performing small sequence searches/motifs in the visible region.
Screenshot of the sequence search feature. It is available from the "view menu" on the linear genome view
Also, we just recently published the pre-print for our JBrowse 2 paper on bioRxiv! https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2022.07.28.501447v1
This is a tour de force describing the basic ideas behind JBrowse 2 as an app. We are really pleased with how users and developers have helped to contribute to JBrowse 2 thus far, and look forward to many more years!
To install JBrowse 2 for the web, you can download the link above, or you can use the JBrowse CLI to automatically download the latest version. See the JBrowse web quick start for more details.
See "Packages in this release" in the changelog for links to packages published on NPM.
Packages in this release
🐛 Bug Fix
- #3157 Support the "name" field on multi-wiggle adapter subadapters instead of source (@cmdcolin)
- #3154 Use the union of all the subadapter refNames for the MultiWiggleAdapter getRefNames (@cmdcolin)
- #3156 Fix for mouseover/mouse click on wiggle/multi-wiggle causing errors in embedded mode (@cmdcolin)
- #3151 Fix ability to click and drag overview scale bar dragging right to left (@cmdcolin)
- #3133 Update the ref name box when assembly is changed in LGV import form (@garrettjstevens)
- #3131 Use "code" instead of "key" for undo/redo keyboard event, fixes shift+ctrl+z redo (@garrettjstevens)
- #3119 Use es2015 setting for commonjs builds of packages to fix @jbrowse/img (@cmdcolin)
- #3142 Fix unicode arrow icon not rendering with some fonts in configuration editor (@garrettjstevens)