We're excited to announce the v1.3.5 release of JBrowse! Some highlights of this release include:
New embedding build of
This release adds a new UMD build of our
React component. This build will allow users to use our React Linear Genome View
in a website that doesn't otherwise use React. See a tutorial for how to get
started using this build:
A preliminary beta version of this build was used in a tutorial at BOSC2020, and that tutorial was also on our website. If you've used that version, the interface has changed somewhat, so come check out the new tutorial for the official released version!
A new widget has been added that is accessible from the Linear Genome View view menu or when you click and drag over a region in the header (a.k.a rubber band selection). This view keeps a list of bookmarked regions, which you can add custom labels to, and also which you can use to navigate back to that region. The bookmarks can also be exported.
If your plugin adds menu items or context menu items to a track, or customizes
renderProps, there may be some changes that affect how those menu items work,
particularly in #2226
and #2229. Also see an
updated example of context menu items
To install JBrowse 2 for the web, you can download the link above, or you can use the JBrowse CLI to automatically download the latest version. See the JBrowse web quick start for more details.
See "Packages in this release" in the changelog for links to packages published on NPM.
Packages in this release
- #2163 Add new embeddable React Circular Genome View (@garrettjstevens)
- #2229 Use extendPluggableElement for context menu items (@garrettjstevens)
- #2233 Add optional chromSizes config slot to TwoBitAdapter to speed up loading of TwoBit files with many refseqs (@cmdcolin)
- #2199 Make the BED parser not interpret general tab delimited data as BED12 (@cmdcolin)
- #2241 Restore previous window location when re-opening on desktop (@garrettjstevens)
- #2203 Add a helpful message if there is a 404 on config.json error (@cmdcolin)
- #2204 Hide reads with unmapped flag by default in alignments tracks (@cmdcolin)
- #2198 Add better inversion visualization to read vs reference visualizations (@cmdcolin)
- #2154 Add UMD build of react-linear-genome-view for plain-js use (@garrettjstevens)
- #2057 Use idMaker for dataAdapterCache key for faster FromConfigAdapter performance (@cmdcolin)
- #2231 Export offscreenCanvasUtils (@cmdcolin)
- #2226 Use superRenderProps and superTrackMenuItems for better simulated inheritance model (@cmdcolin)
- #1874 Add aborting to CoreGetFeatures rpcManager call (@cmdcolin)