JBrowse Overview Screencast (January 16, 2013 – JBrowse 1.7.6)
- Fast, smooth scrolling and zooming. Explore your genome with unparalleled speed.
- Scales easily to multi-gigabase genomes and deep-coverage sequencing.
- Supports GFF3, BED, FASTA, Wiggle, BigWig, BAM, VCF (with tabix) and more. BAM, BigWig, and VCF data are displayed directly from the compressed binary file with no conversion needed.
- Very light server resource requirements. Serve huge datasets from a single low-cost cloud instance.
The latest release of JBrowse is tested to work with the following web browsers:
- Mozilla Firefox (10 and later)
- Google Chrome (17 and later)
- Apple Safari (5 and later, 6 required for BAM and BigWig)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (8 and later, 10 required for BAM and BigWig)
Server-side code, which is used only to pre-generate static data files (no CGI), requires only BioPerl and a few other CPAN modules. The result is a cross-platform AJAX genome browser that is easy to install, embed and customize.
JBrowse is a GMOD project.
JBrowse development is funded by the NHGRI.
JBrowse is released under the GNU LGPL or the Artistic License, see the JBrowse LICENSE file.